8/29/07

Daikokuya Original Noodle & Rice-Bowl, LA

I have to admit that I wasn't really thinking at that time. I attempt to eat at one of the most popular ramen house on a scorching hot afternoon without air conditioning. And of course, the day I decide to visit, is the Tofu Festival weekend at Little Tokyo, LA. Parking is impossible and there are way too many people.

I'll go straight to describing photos.



As you can see, there is an open kitchen with one guy just dedicated to prepare their famous ramen. Other cook pretty much prepare rest of the dishes. There is inner kitchen with a guy who prepares ingredients. This place is narrow and limited in seating. I really wished that they would turn up their ac unit.



Here is the photo of delicious Japanese style sausages. It was an excellent choice.


Here is what people come for. Kurobuta, black pork, was very tender and bold in taste. The soup was thick and flavorful. Their soy sauce and pork bone based soup boiled daily for entire day. It's bit too rich for my taste. Nonetheless, ramen was good overall.


Hayashi cold noodle with soy sauce. Lots of ingredients with good portion. I had a bite, and it was just okay.


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!! daikokuya rocks!

I haven't tried the Japanese style sausages...anything special about them? I havta try next time!

great photos!

h said...

Japanese sausages are so firm and juicy. Dipping in that mustard sauce adds more to the taste. I believe I saw the same sausages at Marukai market but they weren't cheap.

galactus said...

Dude I think this is the only ramen house that rivals the likes of shinsengumi. I go eat there for lunch at work once in awhile.

Shinae said...

Daikokuya has great drinking food. :)

Great blog! I'll be back for more.