7/23/07

Apple Pan, West LA

Apple Pan is this hamburger joint in LA with legendary status. Apple Pan is famous for its hickory burger and apple pie. Add to the fact, it's been around since 1947, that's around the time when my parents were born.

The uniqueness of this hamburger joint starts from how it's laid out. It has this station island where they flip burger patties and buns. Outer part of island is the u-shape counter where customers sit on high stools to enjoy their burgers. In between the station and the counter is where servers take orders and serve you food with minimum distance to travel. All corners of the restaurants are for people waiting to find stools to sit. There is no waiting list.

Besides from the interesting restaurant layout and the hickory burger, Apple Pan isn't that impressive. Burgers and fries were over priced and overrated. 3 burgers, 1 fries, 2 drinks, adding tax and tip cost me grand total of $30.

apple pan

apple pan

apple pan

apple pan

10801 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 475-3585

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. This place doesn't live up to the glowing reviews it got on citysearch.

For burgers, I like Astro Burger on Melrose. It's good. And cheap.

Can't ask for more.

-Pyepeeler

Eric Hyett said...

i am a dedicated reader and i am interested in a list of sushi places in OC and LA that are affordable and have a good ambiance. Look forward to your next post.

h said...

Pyepeeler,

I personally haven't tried Astro Burger yet. I look forward to try out that place.

Eric,

I will post that topic on Facebook and see what other people say. I'll also try to post about Japanese restaurants in Irvine.

Pye said...

Speaking of Japanese restaurants, there's one in the food court at the Irvine Spectrum that's off the hook.

Three item combos (which include sushi) for, I believe, $7.

I only had it once. But I liked it a lot.

-Pye

Bill said...

WHAT A RIP. Even Fuddruckers 1/2lbs burgers and fries is cheaper.

galactus said...

You gotta post about Father's Office. Best Burger Period. All other burgers kneel before Father's Office!