7/15/07

AJ Restaurant, Irvine

I've eaten at this restaurant quite frequently but never had a chance to write about it. Here is this traditional Taiwanese restaurant with authentic flavors. The best thing about this restaurant is that I don't have to visit Taiwan or even drive to Rowland Heights to taste the bowl of famous spicy beef noodle soup. It's so authentic, you have to specially request for English translated menu.

Here is the shot of spicy beef noodle soup. You MUST order "fat" noodle for maximum experience.




This is spicy wonton. It's sweet, spicy, and full of flavor.


Fried dumplings.


I also recommend thousand layer cake(?) and pig ear to try.

14805 Jeffrey Rd # D
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 786-3585

2 comments:

galactus said...

You must be able to handle spice if you order the beef noodle soup. I personally love this restaurant. I remember trying to order from their taiwanese menu since I came so often I thought I knew which order my favorite dishes were. I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

Their stuff is not authentic. Hyuk, next time you want to eat in Hacienda Heights or Rowland Heights, I can show you 3 places that have superior beef noodle soup.

-Rich