7/24/07

Din Tai Fung Dumpling House, Arcadia

The legend of Din Tai Fung began at the small shop in the city of Taipei. The restaurant now branched out to cities in China, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, and USA. It had many claims that this restaurant simply serves best dumplings in town, if not the whole country.

I visited this restaurant couple months back. As expected, there were lines and I had to wait about an hour before we get in. Din Tai Fung is known for its juicy pork dumplings. Once you take a bite, this incredible flavored juice squirts out.

din tai fung

din tai fung

din tai fung

din tai fung

din tai fung

1108 South Baldwin Avenue
Arcadia,California 91007
(626)574-7068

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hyuk,

I went there last Sunday. The line was unbearable, 1:15 wait and terribly crowded. I would say that, compared relatively to the Alhambra and Monterey Park Dim Sum or Dumpling places, the food quality here is very average grade "C."
Their dumplings seemed to be really small and even too watery. There's a difference between nicely juicy and the soggyness I experienced here.

Not to mention very pricey too. You're much better off going to the genuine places like ABC/NBC or Empress Pavilion on Hill St. in LA; these places are a much better value for sure and totally worth the wait.

-Kvit

h said...

Nice to see your comment.

I agree with you in some way. Those dumplings are tiny and pricey. At the same time, they are tastier than any other dumplings that I've tried. I don't like the wait, at the same time, I love the juice that sits in my mouth.

Eric Hyett said...

and if you dont like pork dumplings?